Nibav Lifts is a diversified solution provider with a broad portfolio in power generation, electrical infrastructures, industrial equipment and elevators & escalators.
This Privacy Notice governs your use of our website: nibavlifts.ng and your rights regarding our collection, use, storage, and protection of your data. Your privacy is important to us.
Your personal data that we process
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be directly or indirectly identified. While using the website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal data directly to contact or identify you, and some automatically for our website to function effectively. We also collect personal data through your use of our online form or from third-party sources. The personal data we obtain include:
• Your name;
• Your email address;
• Contact number;
• The IP address used to connect your device to the internet for identification purposes;
• Name of the internet service provider (ISP);
Lawful Bases for processing data
We are required to process your data under at least one of these lawful bases:
• Legitimate interest: Processing your data is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, provided your rights and interests do not outweigh those interests.
• Consent: You have given explicit consent for us to process your data for a specific purpose.
• Contract: If your data processing is necessary for a contract you have with us or because we have asked you to take specific steps before entering into that contract.
• Legal obligation: If the processing of your data is necessary where there is a statutory obligation on us.
Purpose of processing your data and the lawful basis
We collect your data to:
• For the administration of our business (Legitimate interest, Contract)
• To help us to develop, improve, customize or restructure our services
• To enforce our terms of service and any terms and conditions of any other agreements for our services
• To send marketing or promotional messages to you (Legitimate interest, Consent)
• To take statistical data for use internally (Legitimate interest)
• To secure your data and prevent fraud (Legitimate interest, legal obligation)
• To provide our goods and services to you
• To manage your account and profile
• To track your billing and payment history
• To communicate with you and for customer support
• To deliver goods purchased to you (Contract)
• To inform you whenever there are changes to our terms of business or services (Legal obligation, Contract, Legitimate interest)
• To install cookies on your device (Consent)
• To interact with regulatory authorities or other public authorities concerning you (Legal obligation)
Your rights as a data subject
As a data subject, the law vests you with certain rights—they include the right to:
• Access personal data we hold about you by requesting a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
• Rectify such information where you believe it to be inaccurate;
• Restrict the processing of your data in certain circumstances;
• Object to the processing of your data where we intend to process such data for marketing purposes;
• Request the erasure of your data (also known as the right to be forgotten);
• withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data, and
• lodge a complaint with a relevant authority, where you have reason to believe that we have violated the term(s) of this Privacy Notice. (You may complain or seek redress from us within 30 days from the time you first detected the alleged violation.).
The supervisory authority is the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA), and the complaint can be sent via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We can share your data with the following third parties:
• Legal / Regulatory Authority – We may disclose your data if we believe it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, order, subpoena, audit, or to protect the safety of any person, to address fraud, security, or technical issues
Retention of your data
Your personal data or any other information collected will be stored for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes described in this Notice. However, we will also retain data subject to relevant provisions of applicable laws, resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies. We delete your data for targeted marketing purposes once you unsubscribe from our marketing communications.
Please note that your data may be retained for a more extended period, notwithstanding your request to remove your data, where there is a legal requirement to do so.
How your data is protected
We store and process your data in our CRM. We protect your data using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls, and information access authorisation controls.
International transfer of data
To achieve the purposes described in this Notice, we may transfer your data to countries that may not offer an adequate protection level or are not considered to have good law by the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA). Where personal data is to be transferred to a country outside Nigeria, we shall put adequate measures to ensure data security.
Our data transfers to the countries that do not offer an adequate protection level are subject to the conditions under the Nigeria Data Protection Regulation (NDPR). We will therefore only transfer Personal Data out of Nigeria on one of the following conditions:
• Your consent has been obtained;
• The transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract between Us and you or implementation of pre-contractual measures taken at your request;
• The transfer is necessary to conclude a contract between Us and the third party in your interest;
• The transfer is necessary for reason of public interest;
• The transfer is for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims;
• The transfer is essential to protect your vital interests or other persons, where the Data Subject is physically or legally incapable of giving consent.
To obtain any relevant information regarding any transfers of your Personal Data to third countries (including the appropriate transfer mechanisms), please contact us
Marketing and communications
We only send marketing communications to you with your consent. You may choose to opt out of our marketing emails by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the page.
Security of your data
We are very particular about preserving your privacy and protecting your data. We deploy all reasonable and appropriate technical and organisational measures to keep your data safe. However, we cannot completely guarantee the security of any information you transmit via our website, as the internet is not an entirely secure place. We are committed to doing our best to protect you.
Please be informed that you may complain to the relevant data protection authority if your complaints are not satisfactorily addressed.
Changes to this notice
We update our privacy notice from time to time. We will notify our users when we change it, and visitors will know this by checking the last date of update on this page whenever you visit.